One of the first blogs that I stumbled across after having Moo was TheYoungMommyLife.com. My daughter was my first baby and I remember feeling overwhelmed, scared and just frustrated because I couldn't seem to find any communities or books related to young motherhood and more specifically moms of color. And the resources/communities I did find were either out of date or just didn't resonate with me for a variety of reasons. But then I came across Tara's blog and it felt like I'd finally found a fellow mom/community that I could relate to.
It's years later and I still love and read YML. Her blog has blossomed and bloomed into a community that has become known as a safe haven for other young moms and moms in general. I think the greatest thing to come out of stumbling across YML is by far having the opportunity to get know Tara personally. I definitely consider her to be a good friend, which is why I invited her to drop by the blog and share a bit out her 2015 YML Self-Care Retreat for Moms coming up September 18-20th. So keep reading to find out what this retreat is all about and why you should be making plans go!
What is the YML Self-Care Retreat + 8 Reasons to Go
TheYoungMommyLife.com is hosting the 2015 Self-Care Retreat, a two-day event for overworked women looking for clarity and relaxation. Join women from around the country as we eat good food, have amazing conversation and hear from self-care experts on how to design a life that's filled with less stress and more joy! Here's an overview of what you'll receive--a weekend planned for women just like you:
- Fabulous to mingle and sip bubbly with like-minded women ready to unwind reception
- FREE 30-minute life coaching sessions all weekend to help you move forward with your goals in confidence (read: less stress when you get home)
- Get your kinks worked out during FREE massages by licensed massage therapists
- Delicious breakfast and lunch sessions with empowerment coaches and family life educators
- Opportunities to shop in a thriving, waterfront setting, only a few miles from the nation's capital (with free transportation to local shops)
- Ridiculously low hotel rates for an amazingly posh suite (complete with a whirlpool tub!)
- Cupcakes and champagne pajama party
- A deluxe self-care gift bag with items to help you unwind, relax, refresh....
- And more!
Only a few tickets remain so get yours today: http://ymlretreat.eventbrite.
Seriously, don't miss out on this great event! Also, follow the #HereWeGrow hashtag and YML on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.