Disclosure: I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms Meet program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of May Media Group LLC or NoGii.
Whether you're a family of one or four snacking healthy while on the go can be challenging. As a wife, mommy of two and blogger I stay on the go quite a bit. When hunger strikes while out and about it can be tempting to just settle for a junk food run at the gas station. Thankfully, the lovely folks at Moms Meet have introduced me and the Mr to our new favorite healthy and gluten-free on-the-go snack brand- NoGii (noh-jee).
A line of certified gluten-free protein bars, paleo bars and protein powders, NoGii has a variety of options and flavors for active families like mine to enjoy. I was lucky enough to get try out their full product line with the exception of their Cocoa Chocolate Whey & Quinoa Protein and Cookies & Creme D'Lites. They even sent me a copy of The G-Free Diet: A Gluten-Free Survival Guide by Elisabeth Hasselbeck and a Live Gluten-Free tee.
What I Loved
- Gluten-Free: For thousands of people eating foods with gluten can be life-threatening or cause severe illness. Some of you may know that my children, Moo and JJ, are allergic to gluten. Therefore, it's very important that anything they consume food that are gluten-free. My husband and I have made the choice to also eat gluten-free 95% of the time as well. (I'm still working on giving up Twizzlers and biscuits.)
- Family Friendly: NoGii's products are safe for kids and can be enjoyed by the whole family. No harmful chemicals or steroids to worry about. Remember a family that snacks healthy together stays healthy together!
- Variety: While NoGii offers only bars and Whey & Quinoa Protein, they have a good variety when it comes to flavors. The Mr. YUMMommy's favorite was the Rocky Road Super Protein Bar. I'm pretty sure he 80% of the box. My favorites were the Nuts About Nuts Paleo Bar, Cookies & Creme Super Protein Bar and the Chocolate Caramel Bliss Protein D'Lites. I'm also a fan of their Vanilla Whey & Quinoa Protein Powder. I usually have it in the form of a smoothie for breakfast and after my evening workouts. You can check out the other flavors below.
- Mom Made/Created: NoGii is the brainchild of Elisabeth Hasselbeck. So of you may remember her a former host of the award winning talk show The View. She was also a contestant on Survivor. Elisabeth is also a wife, mom and New York Times best-selling author. Diagnosed with celiac disease, she became committed to not only raising awareness about the illness, but to creating products that were gluten-free for others who are allergic to gluten or suffer from celiac disease as well. I have to say that she did a great job and it's great to be supporting a fellow mompreneur.
- Packaging: I love that the packaging is sleek and the color schemes are kept simple. The flavors and brand logo are easily identifiable. The bars are easy to open which is important because who has time to struggle with opening up packaging?
What I Didn't Like
- Nuts & Dairy: While the paleo bars are peanut free, they still contained nuts. And the protein bars contained peanuts (some) and diary. Unfortunately the kids weren't able to try any of the bars due to their dairy and nut allergies. Additionally, JJ has an allergy to soy. In the future I would love to see NoGii offer a nut and dairy free bar as well as soy free option.
Don't forget to follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date on new product offerings and more. Also, be sure to enter the NoGii Tablesetters Contest. You could win a trip to New York City with an opportunity to meet and have lunch with Elisabeth Hasselbeck. Enter here before the contest ends on July 31, 2015. Good luck and happy snacking!
What is your favorite on-the-go healthy snack?