I want to start off by saying thank you to everyone who tuned into the Mommy Camp 101 Hangout last night. It was such an honor to co-host this live video chat the lovely Tara from The Young Mommy Life. We had blast with you guys. Now for the good stuff.
With summer vacation/break right around the corner and as mentioned in the Hangout below is a list (with links) of 50 things you can make plans to do with your kids and family this summer. There's also a printable so that you can print off the list and cross out things as you go along. Think of as a summer bucket list! Just right click, download and print.
50 Things To Do With Your Kids This Summer
1. Go for a hike
2. Start a family scrapbook
3. Feed the ducks
4. Do a summer reading challenge
5. Volunteer at your favorite local charity
6. Plant a garden
7. Have a water balloon fight
8. Host a cookout with family and friends
9. Go fishing
10. Build a pillow fort
11. DIY family photoshoot
12. Get pen-pals
13. Start a collection (rocks, bug, etc)
14. Visit the library
15. Tour a museum
16. Do mommy-daughter/son makeovers
17. Have a family slumber party
18. Host a community clean-up day
19. Go camping (backyard or park)
20. Make and pass out cards to your favorite community helpers (firefighters, public librarians, etc)
21. Play in the sprinkler
23. Read a book that has a movie adaptation and compare the two (Try Harry Potter or Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs)
24. Wash the car
25. Learn a new dance
26. Have a picnic at the park
27. Go see fireworks
28. Have a "pajama day"
29. Visit a nearby city
31. Have family game night
32. Map out a road trip
33. Run a lemonade stand
36. Show them your favorite movie from your childhood
37. Visit the zoo
38. Go for a run together
39. Do self-portaits
40. Invent something
41. Have a homemade pizza party (try this upside down pizza recipe!)
42. "Chalk" the neighborhood
44. Catch fireflies
45. Go berry-picking
46. Try some yoga (grab some towels and do it outside!)
47. Visit a water park
49. Eat ice cream for dinner.
50. Set up a yarn/string obstacle course
Also, as mentioned in our Mommy Camp 101 live stream, we're hosting a giveaway!! Who doesn't enjoy winning free stuff? We're giving away two DVD/Blu-Ray + Digital HD combo packs of the movie The BoxTrolls because what fun is a family slumber party (#17 on the list) without something family-friendly to watch?!
It's a great movie with a powerful message about not judging books by their covers, accepting people's differences and more. A huge thank you to the folks over at Universal Pictures for providing these. This giveaway is open to US residents 18 & older.
Again thank you to everyone who joined us for Mommy Camp 101. Don't forget to keep the conversation going with us on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #MommyCamp101. Stay tuned for an official recap post coming soon.