Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Moms Meet program, May Media Group LLC, who received this product directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agreed to sample this product and post my honest opinion. All opinions expressed are 100% my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of this product!
What's almost better than exploring the world? Exploring the world through food, of course! For the last month and a half, our family has been exploring the world through food thanks to WORLDFOODS. Being a household where three out four of us battles food allergies, it is quite challenging to explore foreign cuisines. Or least it was challenging until we were introduced the WORLDFOODS cooking sauces and marinades.
What We Got
- Indian Tandoori Marinade & Stir-fry: This was everybody's favorite of the four sauces we received. It was spicy, but not hot and also had a hint of sweetness. I definitely consider the Tandoori to be an all-purpose sauce. We used it to marinate chicken breast for roasting and I even tried some as a dipping sauce for my french fries.
- Malaysian Rendang Curry Cooking Sauce: The Rendang reminded me of a cross between an herbal rub and a gravy. I referred to it as a meat gravy. It's very rich in flavor and perfect for smothering meats in. This sauce smells absolutely divine as it cooks. The herbs give off a great aroma. My husband really enjoyed this one.
- Thai Green Curry Cooking Sauce: We had never tried green curry before using the Thai Green Curry Cooking Sauce from WORLDFOODS. In my mind, I was expecting it to be more on the spicy side but was pleasantly surprised by the sweetness. This sauce pairs well with chicken and rice.
- Thai Turmeric Lemon Grass Marinade & Stir-fry: While the kids and the Mr weren't fans of this one, I was. I tried this sauce as both a marinade and for a stir-fry. It works well as either and goes great with chicken or turkey. I loved the burst of lemon grass flavor that you get right before the spiciness hits.
- Recipe Notebook: I love that I have a place to keep all the recipes I created in one place. It's small enough to put in my wallet for grocery store runs.
What We Loved
First and foremost, we loved that all these products were allergen and gluten free! No dairy, no nuts, no wheat, etc. Also, WORLDFOODS products don't have any added oils, trans fat or preservatives. No need to worry about artificial ingredients or food flavor enhancers because they use 100% all natural ingredients.
I loved that all of the sauces cooked well whether I was cooking it on the stove top or using it as a marinate to roast my meats. The flavors were delicious and not bland at all. You could really taste the spices and subtle hints of other main ingredients. They weren't overpowering.
I loved that each sauce could be used for multiple purposes. Having the flexibility to create a variety of dishes is very important for me since I cook on a daily basis. I was able to switch up dishes, but still have those great flavors that we loved.
With over 65 sauces, dips and marinades, I'm excited to try the remaining 61! We've experienced flavors from Thailand, Malaysia and India, but are excited to try out some of WORLDFOODS Indonesian, Cambodian and Chinese inspired products. Thankfully, several of our local stores offer WORLDFOODS products, but even if they didn't the quality is worth ordering online and paying shipping.
You can check here to see if there are any stores in your area that sell WORLDFOODS products. While you're online be sure to pick this $1 off coupon so that you can save a little money, too! You can also 'Like' them on Facebook to stay up to date on sales, new offerings and more.
Do you cook foreign foods or using foreign ingredients in your meals?